Like Lois Pearl

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My Oops Shirt

Remember my previous post?  The one where I messed up the shirt, and ended up chopping off the embroidered "K"?  Well I just couldn't throw away a perfectly good 1/2 shirt, so I decided to try my hand at making a custom creation for E Lo.

Here is what I had to start with.

I made sure to keep what I could of the top and bottom portions of the shirt.  Then I dug through my pile of old t-shirts and came up with two nice shades of gray knit.  Using the width of the shirt as a guide, I cut a few alternating gray strips to add length.


I made sure that the bottom strip came from the bottom of one of my t-shirts so that I didn't have to worry about hemming it.  I then stitched all the pieces together with the seams on the inside and topstitched.  I'm kind of a nut when it comes to topstitching.  Love it!

We decided to add a few sweet hearts using a stencil made of freezer paper.


Sorry about the picture.  It was nighttime in the sweat shop.  I'll try to do better next time!

The only thing left to do was to hem the sleeves a bit.  What a fun and relatively easy was to fix my mistake!



Happy Stitching!
e

2 comments:

  1. Love it! You have great vision...I often can picture great ideas but cannot always make them look like I have it pictured in my mind. Have gotten lots of compliments of the purse..thinking I need business cards to hand out to help you grow your business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! You are incredible!! I don't think I would have been able to figure out how to save that in such a cute way. Thanks so much for visiting my blog today!

    ReplyDelete