Like Lois Pearl

Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Weekend at Home

When we lived in Kansas City, Hillbilly and I had the most amazing group of friends.  Without any family of our own out there, they became our support network.  We were so excited to meet up with them at a wedding in Chicago this past weekend, however, with two kids down with fevers it just wasn't in the cards for us to leave town.

So, we put our extra weekend at home to great use.  Freezing more homemade applesauce, bringing an old dresser and my old bed back to our house from the farm, recharging at church, and having a delightful lasagna dinner with friends.

Here is quick picture of the dresser.  With some paint, glue, and elbow grease it will soon be better than new!




This bag set was a custom order for one of my KC friends.  Before popping in the mail to her, I thought that I'd snap a few shots to share.

Cosmo Bag and Small Oragami Bag from Amy Butler's Style Stitches
Fabric by Ty Pennington



This was my first time trying out the Oragami Bag pattern.  I love that it uses two coordinating exterior fabrics.  The pattern has a wide ranges of sizes to choose from, making it perfect for pencil pouches, crafty organizers, or makeup bags.

So, it's been a busy, productive weekend here, and I'm beat.  Time to recharge and so that I can begin my bed and dresser makeover for Miss E Lo's room!

Happy Crafty!

No comments:

Post a Comment