Like Lois Pearl

Monday, August 22, 2011

Breakfast Poppers

I love breakfast, but never manage to eat it before about 9:30.  I always find myself running out the door and need something quick to grab, which often results in a lot of sugar and carbs (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Last week I decided to experiment with these little egg poppers, and they turned out great!



Ingredients:
8 large eggs
a dash of milk (maybe a couple tablespoons)
1 c. chopped spinash (I used fresh)
1/4 finely chopped onion
salt and pepper to taste

Beat eggs and milk together.  Add chopped veggies and seasonings to taste.  Poor into greased mini muffin tins, and bake at 350 until the eggs are set.  I think it took about 15 minutes for mine.

Allow to cool.  The poppers can be stored in the refrigerator, or frozen.  We love keeping these in the freezer and warming them in the microwave for a quick, easy, and healthy breakfast.

You could add all sorts of fun ingredients to your poppers.  I think that I may have to try some tomorrow with cheese and shredded zucchini from the garden.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment