Like Lois Pearl

Monday, August 8, 2011

Back to School - Bleach Pen Project

I picked this up at the store a while back and have been waiting for the right crafty night to try it out.

Clorox® Bleach® Pen Gel

I cannot believe that it didn't break into this bleach pen sooner!  First, it's perfect for all of The Bug's stained t-shirts.  Just color over the stain with your bleach pen, allow it to sit for a couple of minutes, throw it in the wash, and bye bye stains!

Second, the bleach pen offers endless crafty possibilities!  I decided to use it to make a one-of-a-kind tee for my Little Monster.

I first did some decorative stitching with embroidery floss around the collar.  I used the name floss color for the word "Little".


Next I placed some waxed paper in between the layers of my t-shirt.  This prevented the bleach from leaking through to the back of the shirt.

Then I used my bleach pen to draw my monster.  I allowed it to sit for about 10 minutes, and then rinsed it out in the sink with cold water.

The result is a completely original tee for The Bug!  My crafty friends got really into using the bleach pen that night too.

What a fun, quick, and simple way to create personalized outfits for back to school!

1 comment: