Like Lois Pearl

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Another Red Front Door

It's becoming a family joke that I've always lived in a house with a red front door.  According to the websites, red is supposed to represent warmth and vitality.  Not a bad first impression for a home eh?

When we recently moved, this was the front door color.


I wonder what brown says about a home?


After debating on just the right shade a cheerful red, I had Hill remove the door hardware, and I got to work with the sander.

I used 150 grit sandpaper to remove any bumps or uneven places in the current paint.  We discovered that the brown door had formerly been blue.

I then coated the door primer and allowed it to dry for a couple of hours.


Then it was time to go red!


I love this cheerful pop of color when we come up our drive!  


And a few rosettes and vintage buttons made for a quick and cheerful wreath to complete the look.


What does your front door color say about you?  

Happy Crafty!

2 comments:

  1. That red looks great with the stone! Nice choice.

    Mine says, "The neighbors told us the previous owners installed this door with a central stained glass panel. The neighbors also told us that the previous owners said they spent $4,000 on the door." Frankly, who tells their neighbors they spent four large on a door? It's as unspeakably tacky as some of their other decorating decisions! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great shade of red! Super bright and it pops! My front door is a dark shade of pink...I wonder what it says about me?

    ReplyDelete